Minnesota Canoeing Safety Instructor?

Hi folks!

Trying hard to cross my tees and dot my eyes. I'd like to pick up a current documentation/cert. in canoeing safety/handling because I have a bunch who really really want to canoe. Two potential opportunities have fallen through (cancelled due to low registrations). I'm wondering of someone on here knows of another possibility? We're *not* wanting to do anything more than flatwater or class I, and short daytime stuff only right now. I can handle a canoe, and learned some basic how to instruct - conduct tip tests, etc. back as a CIT, but that was umm, more than 15 years ago, and the records are gone too. We're wanting to go out around July 22, so I'm scrambling to get some refresher and something on paper.

Thankee!

Check with either your local YMCA, or Jr. College and see if they are offering any training...

Also, I've a post down on the High Adventure Board titled Paddling Big Lakes that you're free to use anyway you want.

And, a good book to read is River Rescue by Bechdel and Ray ISBN 1-878239-55-4. It'll get you started on how to read a river if you're doing C 1's (strainers, undercuts, V's, eddies, etc.)