I have another question that is not of huge importance but my son and I were wondering was it ok if you put patches like camporee and such on the mb sash. I have seen some that have done it on the back. I have also heard people whisper that those are only for trading. My son does not want to trade them and when was in cubs had a vest full, and I mean full, of patches. He wants to show them off not to brag but to get other scouts to ask questions about them so he can tell them to go to such events and get one of their own. I know we have the blanket option but being able to sport them brings more enjoyment. Also in cubs believe me it worked to get boys earning patches. My son had a Silver Dollar City Boy Scout Weekend patch from Branson and the next year 9 scouts attended from our pack.

I too have seen some Scouts from other troops sew patches on the BACK of a Merit Badge sash. This is allowed, per the BSA Insignia Guide 2005. On page 4 of that booklet, it says:

"Excess Insignia...members wear only the insignia that show their present status in the movement. MEMBERS SHOULD MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO KEEP THEIR UNIFORMS NEAT AND UNCLUTTERED. Previously earned badges and insignia -- not representing present status -- make a fine display on a BSA red patch vest, a trophy hide or blanket....Members may wear only temporary patches (no badges of rank) on the back of the merit badge sash. Members may only wear one merit badge sash at a time. A merit badge sash is NEVER worn on the belt."(This message has been edited by dluders)