Any activity dealing with religion has the ability to turn into a major controversy if not handled with extreme sensitivity. My parish was the CO for the Troop/Post via our parochial school so the vast majority of the scouts were from the Lutheran faith. But I had to be extremelly careful not to have celebrations/worship participation, within the context of a worship service, for Scout Sunday that would compromise anyone else's faith. The Troop/Post liked to take turns visiting other churches on Scout Sunday and observing their worship (gave them a break from me!). In the few cases that a religious award was earned by our Scout from another faith group I always called their pastor and encouraged him/her to present the award during a Scout Sunday if possible. I always tried to keep at a bare minumum any activity that would or could be seen as as exclusive. i.e. having the bulk of the troop celebrating in one parish with a fund raiser etc. while another Scout of a different faith might not be able to attend. It can be worked out OK, but care should be taken.

Ok I am kinda a newbie at all of this. I will assume National Scout Sunday is Feb 6, now our CO is having Scout Sunday Feb 13. Am I to tell my den that Feb 6 they should wear there uniform to there house of worship and then if they want join the CO on the 13th for there events. OR should I tell them to wear there uniform to there house of worship on the 13th

YIS,

Chris

Cmarrero,

Yes, I think you have a good point in having them wear uniforms to their own worship on the 6th and then inviting them to the CO's event on the 13th also. It would seem to be a good solution to include everyone, or at least give them the opportunity.