Good Turn For American: 2004 deadline fast approaching

GTFA has set a deadline of January 5 for the 2004 service hours. Thought I'd post the link in case anyone didn't realize there was a deadline (I didn't, though it does make sense) or in the midst of all the other things you do you hadn't realized how quickly time was passing. Here is the link for the GTFA site, and it also shows the emblem, rockers, and hour total to date:

http://www.goodturnforamerica.org/

1. I tried entering our troop's "Scouting for Food" service hours on the "Good Turn for America" website. After I had to find out our special, 6-digit Unit Number from our council office, I finally was able to log on. When I tried to enter the service project information into the various fields, the computer kept rejecting my entry. I could not enter the DATE of the service project, no matter how hard I tried. Clicking on the calendar next to the field didn't do any good. So, I gave up.

2. Despite my problems, I bought enough of the "Good Turn for America" patches and "2004" rockers from our council's Scout Shop. They didn't ask for any proof of the service project, so I bought as many as I wanted.