How the world churns; the duplicitous faces of corporate America.

I could not help but be a bit sad this morning when Wells Fargo Bank posted a blurb on their FB page praising their current stance on LGBTQ support.  When the first public attacks on BSA standces on Gays started in the nineties, when United Way cut most councils off, and so on, Wells Fargo came out against BSA for their stance on Gays at the time.  Understand, WF Corporate was, and may still be, in the Bay Area.  Similarly Levi Strauss did too, along with myriad other national corps, pulling their support donation and encouraging their local sites to discourage it as well.  We were locally affected at the time as the WF branch that had our unit funds contacted us and said they no longer would allow us to bank there as a Non-Profit.  

Many on here likely recollect the confusion and serious ramifications of the time, until today, the worst negaitive publicity BSA had had in decades, if ever.  Sad isn't it?

Sorry, what is their current stance if not allyship? I tried googling but all the results suggest that WF has a solid history of supporting the LGBTQIA movement. Not to say I think large corporations have great moral compasses or anything, just not sure what exactly is duplicitous in this particular case. I'm not on FB.

• Upvote 1

You are right, and I have obviously made a poor comparison.  WF withdrew support at the advent of Dale, not at the change in the BSA stance.  So, it is not contradicory.  I stand corrected and hope the moderators may simply delete this, or seal it.  Thank you.