Presentation timer software?

I am working on setting up a presentation timer for use in our Wood Badge classes to keep people on track. I've found a few online, but I want to see if anyone has better ones they've used. 

https://www.presentationtimer.co.uk/ seems to be great, and it's about $25 for a year. It lets me have a count down and count up when they are over the limit, and it can let the moderator put up a quick text note for the presenter that pops up. 

I'm going to run this on 2 external displays at the back of the room, so hardware wise, I'm set for almost anything. Just wondering if someone has used something else before I buy it. 

This is focused on Wood Badge, but I also counsel for Communications MB, so it would work there as well. 

Have a buddy in the back of the room hold up a yellow piece of construction paper when you have two minutes left.  Red with one minute left.  Skull and crossbones (white chalk drawing on a black piece of construction paper) when you are overtime. 

Costs about $0.25? for as long as the paper lasts 😜

Lo-tech, easily portable, easily modified if you don't have construction paper, fosters teamwork between speaker and support, and makes sure at least one person is paying attention to something!!

Edited by InquisitiveScouter
  • Upvote 1

Hand signals are used in TV, I highlighted the appropriate ones below...  1 minute is a single finger in the air.

I am a technology fan as well but sometimes you gotta break it down to the lowest common denominator!

image.png.81033dfc5e9884fc9455b1275b8779b6.png

10 hours ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

Have a buddy in the back of the room hold up a yellow piece of construction paper when you have two minutes left.  Red with one minute left.  Skull and crossbones (white chalk drawing on a black piece of construction paper) when you are overtime. 

Costs about $0.25? for as long as the paper lasts 😜

Lo-tech, easily portable, easily modified if you don't have construction paper, fosters teamwork between speaker and support, and makes sure at least one person is paying attention to something!!

Everyone here has some great ideas, and to try to prevent rushing or skipping, I think I want to combine a few suggestions.

I think we'll have a paper in the back on something the speaker can see. Each presentation can be broken into 10 minute chunks then. Green for the first 1/3, Yellow for 2nd, red for 3rd.. Then at 4 minutes remaining, go to fingers up, then a black paper if over time. Easy enough to use a 3 ring binder with the colors in it and just flip as needed. Thank for everyone's ideas!

• Upvote 1