Scouting Associations

A Solution to any and all your Chartered Org probs....The American Legion!!!

# Eagle Scout of the Year

# Scouting Square Knot Award

Scouting Program

Support for the Boy Scout movement came at The American Legion's first National Convention in 1919. Today, there are more than 2,500 Boy Scout units sponsored by Legion Posts throughout the country.

Supporting Boy Scout activities is natural for Legionnaires, who bring their service-learned skills and experiences as veterans to bear to help build character and positive traits in "Young America." Few other Post activities generate more goodwill from the community.

Trail "Legionnaire" Pounder

Our Council has a Venturing Association, known as the Venturing Executive Board (VEB). It follows the model that Venturing has for a Teen Leaders Council (TLC). The function is to organize (by its youth members) activities that are Coucnil Wide, so far we have had two Rendezvous and a Cardboard Boat Race (yes, 4 people in a boat made of cardboard, and they float, sometimes). This fall a halloween party and a COPE weekend are being planned at a scout camp. We advertise our activities in our cluster and attended a Film Festival last winter in another council , Crews made a video and brought them in to share.

Is this what you mean Dana?(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

Where this idea comes from is 1 area, from LFL/Exploring where there are Fire Explorer and Law Enforcement Explorer Associations to my knowledge these associations existed before Learning for Life acquired Exploring. I believe that there can intercooperation between Councils in Venturing, Sea Scouts and as we see there are already associations for areas in Exploring.As I stated before the associations would not take away any district, council or chartering organization relationships with any crew. This association could meet on a bi-yearly basis much as the NEC's that some areas of Exploring has

and would come together to compete and have fun, but also have a common thread they would be a part of an association that all crews of a certain cluster be a part of National Association of Outdoor Venturers which does exist. Cluster associations for all the 5 clusters that are in Venturing BSA. This is what I am talking about. Sorry about any wrong signals that I have given.