I like the works of Csatari, but not as much as I like Rockwell's work. Rockwell captured the faces in a more realistic manner. Csatari has the modern uniform, which I like, but he doesn't have the age or humanity that is evident in Rockwell's work.

I always imagined that I could meet a Norman Rockwell character -- in a Scouting painting or other portrait -- just about anywhere, whereas Csatari's people seemed to be models.

Just an opinion. I'm greatful to any artist who portrays Scouting in the right way.

Unc.

Since I grew up enjoying NR's art, looking at Csatari's work is similar to looking at a person attempting to copy a style but having no real understanding of it. Csatari's work appears to be more advertisement for BSA rather than an individual's own expression of the organization and/or those unique moments that make it fun.

When NR painted, I knew that he had something personally insightful to say to me. Csatari's work has little of the personality or warmth of NR and appears to be a carefully construed ad that says, JOIN.

I wonder what Csatari's work would be like if he wasn't trying to be NR? It is obvious he has talent. My wish for him is to be himself.

FB