Eagle Project-- opinions wanted

I have noticed a trend toward candidates only using their troop members as labor resources, and nothing requires you to do that. The Eagle project is not about who does the work, but about how you the candidate gives leadership to whatever the project is. You are free to use community volunteers, professionals, youth, adults, it doesn't matter as long as you are the one planning, developing and leading the project.

Having never played a game of baseball in my life I think it all sounds great.

I agree with the Guinea -foul (See I'm getting the lingo - Cos I'm a cool dude.) You need to not get stuck at a sticky wicket and start the ball rolling.

I feel certain that you will.

Good Luck

Eamonn

Hops,

I think you've got a great start.

Although I believe that "intangible" projects can be just as good as ones that produce a finished product, they are harder, I think.

If you take the ideas that you have, each of them provides an oppurtunity for you to lead a small group toward completing a goal. As you put a few of these small projects together, your leadership should be quite apparent.

You may find that during your planning or your execution, you've bitten off more than you can chew. that's all right. Make the adjustments in your plan, and lead your supporters to accomplish the new objective.

Also, I'd encourage you to utilize resources familiar with the Eagle project as you plan. They can help you avoid some of the land mines that such an agressive project might reveal.

Knowing you, you'll do fine!

Mark

About a month or so back I sat in on an Eagle Scout Rank BOR.

One Scout had organized and ran a two day "Day Camp" for mentally challenged adults. There was a lot of work put into this project and he had a lot of people and different agencies involved.

As well as the project book and photos he also had a video tape. (A first for me. I had never had a Lad bring a tape before.) It was outstanding. He had such a good time that he is still volunteering with the group where most of the participants came from.

Hey Barry,

I love this Scouting Stuff.

Eamonn