And you think they're not watching........................

We had Spring Camp three weeks ago. Five of my boys were signed up and I offered to drive since I work in that general direction and camp is about 25 miles from our town.

My son came up with a 24 hour stomach virus the night before camp was to start. We were not about to let go to camp while he was still sick, so Monday morning I collected the other boys and headed to camp. Tuesday night, I come home and there's a message on my answering machine from one the dads. He went on at great length telling me how impressed his son was that I still drove even thought my son couldn't go to camp on Monday. Ok very nice, I bet you think that this is the end of the story, but it's not.

Today at the lttle league fields, three weeks later, I meet the 17 year old sister of the boy who was so impressed. She begins the story all over again with how nice it was for me to drive, etc..etc...etc.

So, when you do the little things that just come naturally and you think that no one is watching, guess again, they watch everything we do.

I can hardly thing of a better example of Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful and Friendly than the one that you set. This will be a life lesson for some of these boys.

I well remember that my first Scoutmaster remained active for several months after his son dropped out.

Thank you.