I have a 20 year old Trail Wise "external frame" pack and love it for mediun length trips. I would like to get a new belt and am having trouble finding the manufacturer. Any help?

A funny story.

Two years ago as I was doing some packing in prep for a five day trip to Mineral King in CA, when I pulled my pack out of my car one of the Younger members of the party (28) asked me "what is the metal for?". I hated to do it but all I could do was laugh. My first pack was a Boy Scout Yucca 35 years ago.

I just spent the weekend camping and hiking at Henry Coe State park in the SF Bay area admiring the beautiful wild flowers, animals and the mountians. In three days we did 24 miles with 9,000 total elevation. Scouting never goes away.

Welcome to the Forums! Sounds like a great weekend you had!

A new Belt... If you can get a hold of an old waist belt from a car, it makes for a great pack belt.

Enjoy the Forums, you will meet great people here!

Nope, your right, Scouting never goes away!

" My first pack was a Boy Scout Yucca 35 years ago."

Were boys' clothes smaller back then? I find it interesting that a Yucca pack was adequate for a weekend jaunt in the 60s but today, these kids want 3,000 cubic inches and fill it up.

FOG,

That is because the Scouts in the 60's looked like a walking junkyard with everything hanging on the outside of the pack instead of inside the pack. Same amount of gear, just inside instead of outside.

To the point Sleeper, CampMor sells generic waist belts and shoulder strap sets that you might find useful

Although when I priced adding them to my old Yucca pack/Explorer

frame combination was pretty close to a decent new one

Maybe bolt parbell plates to it for training or whatever...

Sigh