We all know a lot of these forum topics deal with problems, disappointments and negativity, so I want to relate the exact opposite

Our Troop celebrated its 50th Anniversary last night with a banquet. We attempted to find as many former scouts and leaders as possible. We had over 160 people in attendance, from as far back as 1960! We had 4 former SM's, 20 of our 36 Eagle Scouts, and had people come from 3 different states. It was at a commercial banquet hall, so no one had to work and we could all just enjoy ourselves.

It was great seeing people you haven't seen for 30+ years. Thank God for name tags! Those 14 year olds are now 40, and some how don't look the same! We scanned some 250 slides, and pictures, put them on CD, and had them playing all evening.

We reminisced, laughed, shed a few tears, and had a great, great time!

It's nights like this when we come to realize everything we do is really worth all the time and effort we put in. We plan on doing 50 more!

What a wonderful idea, congratulations to your unit for 50 years! What a wonderful turn out for your Troop! Also, thanks for the positive post ;)

Sparkie

P.S. I just finished planning my last :) B&G for 185 people...it's like planning a mini-wedding!!