The other simple question ??

This thread was spun from another thread.The other simple question is why don't we have Camporees for leaders and just their children? I suspect that this would be a good way to raise the bar. It would almost certainly evolve into something special.

Why not?

First off, I did not say the leaders kids, I said, leaders and their children. Not an event intended to only benefit the kids, but one to foster fellowship and friendship for the leaders, their families, their friends in Scouting, and the families of their friends in Scouting. As a larger group this is not something that we currently do.

As for using Council resources, who said anything about using Council resources? We would pay our way just like we do at any other time. Maybe do it at the local camp, maybe not. The location is unimportant. But again if we used the camp, we would pay just like everybody else.

Much as I hate to split hairs I think fotoscout said ".... and just their children."

Our Council offers a family camp as part of the resident Cub camp program. It isn't just for Leaders.

Philmont welcomes family groups at the Training Center.

Family Camping is a big part of the Cub Scout program.

While Her Who Must Be Obeyed is not a camping sort. I feel sure that if both her and OJ wanted to attend a camporee that someone would find her something to do.

Eamonn

I think I get it.

A vacation from Scouting.

If leaders and their families need a vacation from Scouting then it can be scheduled on their yearly calendar.

If the leaders and their families want a retreat, it could be easily scheduled.

If the adults from the whole district or council want to go to the mountain to set around and watch the sunrise, so be it. Put it on the calendar. There are state parks with plenty of facilities.

They can all get into their RV's, campers, pop-ups, and vans and caravan clear across the country.

They can motorcade down Broadway.

Schedule it and go. If it will help then do it. No permission from anybody is needed. We are talking Vacation here, no travel permit is necessary.

FB