NASA - Cub Scout Camp-Ins

Thanks MM!

You answered my question perfectly. 

I was thinking about getting one of those egg crate things, but the self inflating sounds like a better idea.

Might run into Academy to see if they have any.  Didn't expect to sleep much.

At Kennedy SC, some folks had egg crates or thin foam pads.... didn't work out so well for those poor souls.

They did allow air mattresses

but I used my TrailPro thermarest, and my son was on his thermarest pad.  It amazes me that these thin little things can be comfortable on a hard concrete slab.  they turned the AC way down at lights out, so it got cold in there under the shuttle, and I slept great with my ear plugs!  My son still talks about how the night seemed like 2 minutes.  I think his being worn out had a little something to do with that....

UPDATE:

Kids had a great time.

Some of my takeaways FWIW-

- Pack the kitchen sink.  I was waiting for a full shake down securiity check.  Didn't happen.  Other packs were rolling in wagons and huge bags.

- The people running the show were good. A little bossy, but it's their house.

- Earplugs were a must (super tight sleeping arraingements).

- Hard floor is hard floor.

All in all, kids had fun and parents survived.  Would do again with no problems.

UPDATE:

Kids had a great time.

Some of my takeaways FWIW-

- Pack the kitchen sink.  I was waiting for a full shake down securiity check.  Didn't happen.  Other packs were rolling in wagons and huge bags.

- The people running the show were good. A little bossy, but it's their house.

- Earplugs were a must (super tight sleeping arraingements).

- Hard floor is hard floor.

All in all, kids had fun and parents survived.  Would do again with no problems.

Glad you had fun.  Wagons and huge bags..... sigh.  I bet the parents packed for them too and the boys didn't carry their stuff.

I have a rule for my boys in my patrol, you pack it, you are responsible for taking the stuff from the car to the site and back.