Best Day for One Day Activities

Alright guys, here's my question--- what do you think is the best day to hold one day activities and why?

I ask this because I brought up tonite possibly going to Sundays instead of Saturdays for these kinds of events. I say this because, as many of you know I'm very active in sports, and they cant practice on Sundays, but any other day they can.

The next Saturday that I DONT have a basketball game is the 28 of February. Here it is the 12 of January. See what I'm saying?

So, what do you think and why?

Thanks

Hops if you are asking what the best day is for everyone, there isn't one. The best you can do is plan as far in advance as possible, get the word out early and go with the people who are available. Just accept that not everyone is likely to make every event.

Well Bob, I guess I wasnt clear enough.. that's alright.;)

I would like to know what days have seemed to work best for people. Because, like I said above, there are conflicts everywhere. And our attendance is very low at meetings and activities. We're trying to find out why. Thanks

I don't know if it applies to Boy Scouts, but we've found that for Cubs, Friday nights and Sunday afternoons work out surprisingly well. Everyone likes to think of Friday night as a big date night, but at some point in your life you come to the hard, cold conclusion that you haven't been on a Friday night date in 12 years. Why not go on a Cub Scout outing!

You may try looking at some of the Monday holidays for full-day events. That won't work for Cubs (because most parents still work on holidays and have to attend with Cubs), but may be good for Scout-aged boys.

Just to because I like being the old curmugeon sometimes, I have to ask: you can't miss even one practice, just one out of eight, in two months? Who's your coach, Stalin?

Now, for a more helpful answer, what about in-service days when you're out of school? My son's school district has 3.5 weekdays off in January and February. I wish there was a troop activity for him on at least one of those days.

Cubs, No, I cant miss ONE practice during that time on Saturdays... because all of those Saturdays we have GAMES.;)

Problem being with using half days, etc is that all of our leaders work over in the city (STL) for the most part therefore they cant get off.