Fall Fellowship date

I would like some opinions on this: Is the second to last weekend of August an appropriate time for a Lodge Fall Fellowship? Are there any reasons to justify such a date of schedule? This would apply to any regular seasonal District or Council event, of course.

Each chapter in my lodge has a Fall Conclave that range from the 2nd to last weekend of August to the last weekend of September.

In my district, the calendar in September and October gets really full. This past year there was Section Conclave, Chapter Conclave, District Camporee, University of Scouting, Lodge Vigil Weekend, and two troop outings and something else I'm missing.

My troop does summer camp the first week of August. With that type of schedule, I wouldn't mind having our conclave in August.

What is the purpose of your "Lodge Fall Fellowship"? Perhaps understanding that could lend to a better answer.

Overtrained

No, but maybe a summer fellowship? Seriously, I believe you may hold it any time you want. I would like to see a fellowship held rather soon after a conclave so the new ordeal members may attend. If the fellowship was held before the ordeal, not as many of the ordeal, i.e. new, members would not become active IMO.

Perhaps to accomodate the older crowd and camp staff before they split for college? Ours is always the third weekend in October. Fall camporee is the second weekend. Then those of us with wives catch it for being gone two weekends in a row. Ya can't win.

>>>|--WWW--|>

I've given this some more thought. Some Lodges conduct their Ordeals while at summer camp. Others conduct them at fall conclaves, be they lodge or chapter.

I can see having a fellowship in August if Ordeals are down at summer camp. Our Lodge Fellowship is held in early November because the chapters have conclaves and ordeals up to the last weekend of October.

"Perhaps to accomodate the older crowd and camp staff before they split for college?"

Incidently, the date that has been used for the last few years is the weekend that at least two of the three state universities have the students move in.