First year in 21 I have not rescued scouts on snake river!! Great job:)

I posted here a few years ago regarding the snake river. There is a hydraulic called "three oar deal" and in years past many scout troops have ran this hazard. I have personally saved numerous lives from this hydraulic without even a thank you. You guys must have done something cause I did not see one boat hit this hole this year! That is great and I thank you for whatever ya'll did!

Yah, Waynepjh, as da recent news event in Goblin Valley demonstrate, our scouting units affiliated with da LDS run a somewhat different program than da rest of us in terms of structure and supervision. Historically they have about 5 times da accident rate as da rest of us, eh? Just a combination of less experienced leaders and youth, with mandatory participation. Bein' out on da Snake yeh are goin' to see a disproportionate number of LDS units.

It's an issue a bit frustratin' to da rest of us in Scoutin' who run good programs.

But there is a solution, eh? We need folks like you to get involved in Scoutin' in your local area and teach da adults and kids how to do it well. Share your knowledge and expertise, get some paddlin' friends to guide a few trips for da local scout council that less experienced leaders can hook up with and learn from. As a paddler myself, I can tell yeh it can be a lot of fun, eh? It's different sort of fun than just runnin' stuff with a few experienced paddlers, but it's really quite enjoyable. And I promise yeh you can have big impacts on the boys who come through, to preserve the wild rivers for all of us.

Beavah