Net Promoter Score (Voice of the Scout)

FYI: BSA is co-hosting a 3 day seminar Sept 18-20 for non-profit leaders to learn how to track customer loyalty. Cost for meals & materials $225.

"....the Net Promoter Score is a simple way to identify customer loyalty levels, improve experiences, and identify customers-at-risk. The Boy Scouts have customized its Voice of the Scout program in a manner that not only measures loyalty but also benchmarks mission critical experiences members are having. Since launching over two years ago, the program has offered insight into policy, programs and marketing at the national, regional, area and council levels. "

"... The key to the non-profit approach is the development of driver questions that ensure expectations of all stakeholders and service recipients are being fulfilled, as these align to the mission of the organization."

three day schedule

http://mystrategicplan.com/wp-conten...nal_June18.pdf

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10970277.htm

http://mystrategicplan.com/nps/#day_schedule

No mention of www.scouter.com to get effectiveness feedback from "loyal customers". :eek:

A boy led program makes the $225 program worthless. They constantly provide the adults with feedback on how things are going. If they aren't doing what they want, they can fix it. I'm thinking that ups the score pretty well.

Only adult-led programs need feedback. Usually the boys vote with their feet. It doesn't take a special program to tell me that.

I can't see any value for this at the unit or District levels. At those levels, you should be able to have a personal relationship with your membership. If you're so out of touch with them that you need to rely on anonymous surveys to gauge their opinion, you're sunk.

However, this sounds like great training for National and Council staff and commissioners. Maybe, just maybe, if they learn to pay attention to VOTS feedback, they'll get back in touch with the program and remove some of the BS from the BSA.

I can't see any value for this at the unit or District levels. At those levels, you should be able to have a personal relationship with your membership. If you're so out of touch with them that you need to rely on anonymous surveys to gauge their opinion, you're sunk.

However, this sounds like great training for National and Council staff and commissioners. Maybe, just maybe, if they learn to pay attention to VOTS feedback, they'll get back in touch with the program and remove some of the BS from the BSA.

My understanding is that this is marketed towards other (non-BSA) non-profit organizations.

I cant imagine another nonprofit actually looking to bsa for advice in meeting the needs of their customers/volunteers/members. I doubt there is any other nonprofit in the country that has managed to piss off so many people and yet somehow believe they are actually doing a good job.

Kristian you may be right, but there are a few that tried. Susan Komen race for cure, Catholic Church, Livestrong, Exodus are a few that come to mind.
  • 3 weeks later...