Cooking MB -- when?

I am new to BS ANC am having a little trouble understanding the requirements. The way I read it the Scout has to cook all meals for at least 2 others on a campout and a backpacking trip. Intake thins to mean as an individual with no assistance. So in order for a patrol of 8 to complete the badge it would require a minimum of 8 campouts and 8 overnight backpacking trips for all 8 to complete the requirements. Unless of course the patrol was split in two for cooking purposes on each activity. My AC believe it can be done as a group activity as long as the scouts participate. The campout one should be easy enough to complete just in normal activities, but our troop does not do many overnight backpacking trips. ( 14 and out )

How do you handle this one ? I have heard it is scheduled for revision by thanksgiving.

That's what I thought. But does that not seem illogical? For all intent' date=' it IS required for the boy to earn Eagle. He cannot possibly make Eagle before Jan. 1. So why create this silly back and forth limbo thing?[/quote']

I agree with you on that. My youngest son is a Star Scout. Can't Eagle before February 2014. Seems unfair to not let him count cooking as one of his Eagle required badges for Life.