So now I have another Scout program to learn

After starting in Cub Scouts with Nephew and being peripherially involved w/ his Troop for the last year we have recently become the guardians for a 16 yo girl. Other than having been one once I have no experience w/ 16 yo girls so I did the most logical thing I could think of - introduce her to Boy Scouts. Fortunatly our town has a new Ship and a Crew. She has just moved back to the area from living out of state for a while and was surprised to see that she remembered something of the youth (kids? is it okay to call them that at this age?) from when she did go to school in the area. I didn't push the idea, just presented her with the chance to meet the people involved. Her registration was submitted today. I'm hoping this will give her a positive experience and encourage her to stay in school (no, not because of Scouts, but rather because she knows more positive people and has friends).

Hints/tips/ideas would be helpful....puhleeeze?

YiS

Michelle

Of course I'm hoping that She opted for the Ship!!

I'm really good with dogs.

I have my moments with Scouts.

But teenage girls are new to me.

If it is any way possible I would try not to get involved with the Ship or the Crew.

Our female Mate is the mother of one of our female Sea Scouts. A super nice Lady, very down to earth, gets on very well with the male Sea Scouts, but tends to shall we say "Crowd" the females.

I'm of course not saying that you would!!!

At age 16 and on up we can try and give our kids two things:

Roots and Wings.

If you can remember that things will go great -Well maybe OK!!

Eamonn.

Yep, she opted for the Ship. Her application was submitted today.

Since I am a Cub DL and a Troop MC, I have no intention of taking on a leadership role in the Ship. My partner will be taking on a Ship Committee position as necessary, I'm staying out of that loop.

Roots & Wings...maybe that will become my new mantra.

YiS

Michelle