ScoutNet rechartering

I've been wondering about this ever since my council moved to ScoutNet rechartering...why does it take so long for this to get done when all of the info is already put into the main database for the BSA? My council started this about 5 years ago, and it seems to take much longer to come back than the old pencil and paper method. Don't get me wrong, I like the computerized version better; much cleaner and easier to read than all of the crossouts and adds.

I suspect this process to be even longer this year with the YPT requirement for the adults. Even though this can now be done on-line, and the date of completion put directly into ScoutNet, there is still a disconnect in this sytem. For example, we have just completed our recharter for next year. A report is generated when you are working on this that shows which adults do not have the YPT training complete. Only 4 of our 17 adults showed on this report; at the time the report was run, 10 adults had actually not completed this training. Needless to say, our Training Chair made sure everyone was up to date, and had certificates in hand in case the dates were not kept in the database, and the recharter was kicked back to us.

Question for the campfire: how many of you have done recharter, and seen similar "glitches?"

After I clicked verify ...

The two warnings the YP was not done were for adults who had YP.

No warnings from adults who did not have YP.

One warning came from when I added a 14y.o. 8th grader. Guess the programmers never got the memo about the new Venturing age requirements sent out last May.

Still, better than pens.