Good Morning!

I'm looking for training dates for Day Camp Administrators in the Northeast region ( Camp & Program directors.) We've just wrapped up for this year & while I'm retiring after 5 years & have my replacement lined up... she's not trained yet! AAANNNDDD!!!We only have 50 weeks before the kids come back! But seriously she is gung-ho, we've taken a week off and I've promised to help w/ the de-frief and initial planning for next year but she wants treaining NOW!

Any ideas on dates for 2003-04?

Your best bet would be to contact your Council Person in charge of Day Camp.

They could contact the Region.

Please don't quote me, but if things are as they were.

There is one course at Camp Alpine.N.J. I think in the winter, I'm not sure if it is in November or in February.

Then there is one at Heritage Reservation,PA. in the spring.

I will try and get the date- If they have one.(This message has been edited by Eamonn)

Thanks Eamonn,

The people in these forums are often a step ahead of our council personnel, by accident or design. I was surprised that I couldn't find a web page for the Northeast regiuon that had that had Nat'l camp school training listed....

I seem to recall that last year's dates weren't published until sometime toward the end of the year. However I was able to call regional and have my name put on the mailing list. That way I got my own packet and didn't have to wait for it to come through the council. At least that's how it worked around here.