Gee. . . when I "click here" it takes me back to the previous page. I looked at the html for that page and the "click here" link simply executes some Java Script to go back one page, the same as the "back button."

Do you have Java Script enabled?

And here we hang with baited breath waiting for the message.

Not that I know very much about Girl Scouts. Still as I am here why are there Girl Scouts and Girl Guides? Were they always Girl Scouts?

Most of the Girl Guide leaders I met were tough old birds that I sure as heck didn't want to get on the wrong side of.

Eamonn

Ah, the checkered past of the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts in America. Lord Baden-Powell asked Juliet Gordon-Lowe to marry him, but word has it she responded, Oh Bobby, you need a proper english girl to marry, not a divorced American. So, she broke B-P's heart and went back to Savannah. B-P did recover nicely however, marrying a proper English girl. But the relationship between the Girl and Boy scouts has never been smooth, I guess you could say it mirrors the relationship between males and females everywhere, with some noted exceptions

ummm.....this was a *test* message...folks, I like you lots, but are we so enthralled with one another that even a test message draws our interest? :))

Forgive me, I now can't even remember what the heck my original posting was even about...it was 2 am.

Weirdly, GSUSA makes a point of communicating how unhappy Juliette was in her marriage to William Low, but doesn't even make mention of her turning down Lord Robert Baden Powell. I think her life story has been told this way in every edition of GSUSA handbooks I've seen.

Anne, who played the role of Lord Robert Baden Powell in a playlet put on by her troop for Juliette Low's Bday (is that so wrong?) in Minneapolis