What's in your summer program?

G'mornin folks!

Hoping we've got some more of us out there - welcome to Louise!

Louise, it sounds like your Brownie troop may be keeping tabs on a traveling mascot this summer? Would love to hear about other things you have going! So many troops shut down for the summer. I remember at one time some councils would only provide insurance for troops for 9 months of the year - yikes! That's all changed now...

I know my daughter's Brownie troop will continue meeting through the summer - but without herself and 8 friends! They all flew up to my Junior/Cadette troop :)) Both troops are hoping to do some spring recruiting. My troop will be doing some weekend camping - they are leaning towards horseback riding. I was hoping to take them caving ;) They also just got a taste of climbing so we'll hit our council's ropes course.

What's going on for summer - let's hear!

Anne in Mpls

You mean aside from working, going on a student exchange program abroad, and getting ready for College?! Well, my girls are planning on spending the last of their Troop money this summer by visiting various museums in Chicago, seeing a show at Second City Theater, and going out to dinner. They are also getting lifetime GS memberships and donating money to our local Food Pantry.