arrow of light presentation

I am a webelos leader in Winchester VA and am trying to find some help in presenting our boys with their Arrow of Light Awards to them with an Indian ceremony. From what I have been able to find out from our council is that the costumes they have are not available for such a purpose. I am sure that someone out there either has some costumes we can use (our affiliated scout troop can provide oa memebers for the ceremony) or knows of someone who can do the ceremony for us. Any help would be appreciated.

Jcanter,

Ask your DE who the chapter adviser is and ask them for a ceremony team. The chapter may already have the REGALIA (please do not call them costumes, that's a whole other thread :) )in their possesion OR may have access to the regalia.

As a former ceremonialist who now dances and is the adviser who stores the chapter's gear, I can tell you the regalia is not cheap. I don't trust just anyone with the chapter's regalia, let alone my personal stuff.

Good luck

I am waiting on a reply from distric and hoping they can help. I appologize on the terminology, I thought I read recently that there was an issue with "regalia". I'll have to do some more reading.

I also understand there is a high cost with such equiptment and gear and I probably wouldn't want to lend it either. I am just dumbfounded that I am having so much difficulty in finding a ceremony team etc.