Funny story about some "professionals" I met. The council I was in just had three new DEs come in, hadn't even gone through PDL-1 yet. Well they were told that they need to go through the Ordeal and join the OA. Friday nite wasn't to bad for them, but when Saturday morning came and the found out more about the Ordeal, two said a few unScoutlike things and just left. I never saw them again and later found out form my DE that all three had a meeting with the SE monday morning to discuss the Ordeal. Those that left were given their termination papers. The other has had a successful career last I heard.

Eagle92 and Fellow Scouters,

Greetings!

I know this topic is about lodge flaps.

But I too have seen a few young DEs begin their career. Some young men or young ladies have never been Scouts, but they were recreation/physical education majors in college.

Few of them saw their new Scouting job as just a job. Most of them, saw Scouting as a beginning of a career. If they were going to be around for a couple of years or a few decades. They made the attempt to get the most out of Scouting.

At the ordeal weekends that I've been to. I've personally never seen our new DEs attending. But I would expect them to jump in with both feet, do some hard work, have a blast, and (back to the "Lodge Flag" discussion) wear their new flap proundly.

Good for the one DE that stuck around at Eagle92 recent Ordeal weekend! I hope he/she really serve their district well.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv