OA trail crew/ OA voyage question

I happen to know of some individuals that have recently become interested in these programs this year. However, there is some concern that by the time an application could be approved by the lodge adviser and scout executive, and then mailed to the national office, and then confirmation mailed back to the individuals, that it would be very difficult to make the various arrangements necessary to actually be able to attend. (Obviously this assumes all the slots are not yet taken. Though I have been told they usually operate bellow maximum capacity.)

My question then is who should be contacted to seek out additional information? The only method of contact provided on the applications or the associated on line materials is the mailing address for the Order of the Arrow in TX. There is one telephone number listed on the OA website, but it is listed as being available for answering immediate questions regarding policy. So the question is who (and by what method) can someone who knows something be contacted?

(Since it appears such information is closely guarded, you may wish to send the reply privately, if possible.)

I am not really that up on this.My son was / is interested in being part of the Trail Crew. But with NOAC so many other things going on he has put off till next year.

We have the application and will send it in within the next few weeks for next year. I feel fairly sure that it is too late for this year.

Eamonn

According to the OA website, they will continue accepting applications until all slots are filled. They begin notifying accepted applicants on May 14th, and continue on as long as slots remain available.

In the past I have talked with some people that have been involved with these programs, and generally they said there are at least some slots that are not filled at all. This is particularly true with Wilderness Voyage, as it seems to be less popular than Trail Crew.

Obviously it would be best to send in applications and deposits as early as possible to make certain there is space available and to allow the greatest possible amount of time to finalize arrangements for travel etc.