Passbook accounts for adults/parents??

I am the treasurer of my son's troop. We just started using TroopLedger ME to track all finances. While going back through the manual records, I discovered that at one point in time, the troop setup passbook accounts for each scout and for each parent/adult-friend of the troop. Does anyone else use separate accounts for adults? I am inclined to proposed that these accounts not be continued and that the funds raised by the adults go into their sons' accounts or into the general fund.

Has anyone else faced this? How do most of you deal with adults and fundraisers? Does BSA have any policy or guidance?

Thanks!

Bob Hendry

Troop 908

Our troop uses scout accounts. At the request of an adult, we will either set up a separate account for the adult or run their activity through their son's account. Most people just choose to run all family activity through a single account.

I am still registered, but my sons are not. Any funds I raise go into the troop general fund and are not credited to any one Scout. In addition, I also pay my own way for outings and summer camp.