I am with troop 292 in Bacliff, Texas. We are traveling to Camp Daniel Boone in North Carolina.

We would like to stay in Knoville, Tennessee. Would someone have any suggestions where we could stay in Knoxville. We are trying to stay some where so we don't have to put of tents, like a church, college, or recreation center. If someone could be of some help, our troop would really appreciate it.

Chadman

If you are sponsored by a church, contact churches in that area of the same denomination. Most are willing to let you stay there. Scouts are usually welcome at military bases also. But the one that most troops forget about are college dorms that aren't being used in the summer. I stayed at Camp Daniel Boone in January with 0 degree temps. They have a great new dining hall and first aid station. Most campsites have aderondikes (sp) and platform tents. Beautiful mountain stream going through camp feeding the lake. The lake I hear is very cold in the summer. Your scouts and leaders may want to pre-qualify for swimming instead of doing the test there. Excellent high adventure programs with a two trails going into the Shining Rock Wilderness area. Our summer camp is Camp Bud Schiele in the foothills. Welcome to the forum and to North Carolina.

Doug