George Bush book-what do you think

As yet I haven't read the book and I missed the hour long prime time NBC special.

I have seen snip-bits of the interview he gave and seen the bit that he did on the CBS Sunday Morning Show.

With only that to go on? It might be unfair to offer any opinion about the book.

The parts I have seen have dealt with his drinking. He talks about knowing that he was drinking too much, but doesn't go so far as to admit that he was an alcoholic.

He was asked who was really in charge? And what was the real role of the VP?

He seemed to side step this question and talks about how Dick Cheney offered to not run with him in the second election.

He seemed to not want to talk about water boarding only saying that he asked the attorneys if it was legal and they said it was.

A few years back Front Line on PBS stated that the attorneys he asked were hand picked in order to offer the opinion that was at that time felt to be needed.

If any mention of Karl Rove has been made? I missed it. I would be interested to find out more about how much influence Rove had?

I find myself between the devil and the Deep Blue Sea. I do believe that some great leaders don't have to be all that bright or have a deep knowledge about everything. So picking and having experts at hand who do have the know how and who can offer expert advise is important.

George W. Never seemed to be that intelligent. I do however think that some of the people he had around him were very intelligent. My problem lies with the fact that I didn't like them and felt a great mistrust about many of them.

I'm waiting for Barns and Noble to send me a coupon for 50% off till I buy the book.

By then I should have finished The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest.

Ea.