Who will help with my taxes?

Ah, throw money at the problem, that fixes everything.

Ever wonder why poor families have so many children? Is it that they can't afford cable and have nothing to do at night or is it because the government gives them bigger rewards?

I'm in favor of helping hands. If a fellow loses his job and needs some help with the electric bill, that's one thing. When a girl has three kids by the time that she's 18 by three different men and is not married to any of them, cut her off. Why pay for that girl's advanced education because she can't stay off her back when there are others out there working two jobs, no kids and trying to go to school?

Remember all the hubbub when Oprah donated money to a school in Africa? Her reasoning? When she talked to poor American blacks, they all said that they wanted iPods, cell phones and video games. In Africa, they wanted nice clothes so they could go to school. Big difference there.

The highly visible American poor would get a lot more sympathy if they didn't appear so greedy. I'd love to have an iPod but I can't justify spending that much money on a toy. If someone came to me and said, "I'll either buy you an iPod or spend the same amount on food for you" I'd take the food.

I knew a woman who had three children by three fathers (two were in prison) and was shaking up with the father of the third. Because she is a 'single mom' she got rent assistance, her kids got free breakfast and lunch and they were given baskets of food at Thanksgiving. What did the boyfriend do? A union machinist but since he wasn't on the lease and they weren't married, his income wasn't factored into the aid.

What would I change if I ran the system? A girl could only have one "oops" baby. If you want to collect checks, both parents would have to be snipped. Collecting aid? You can't smoke or drink. Collecting aid? The state will put you to work cleaning highways or parks or public buildings. Don't show up for work, you're out of the system.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic