Vouchers, Homeschooling, and markets, Oh My!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the thread on Union busting, SeattlePioneer wrote the following:

"Until public schools kick out the uneducable and those not interested in education, they really can't imnprove much. And instead of encouraging that, we have laws that prohibit it."

Seattle Pioneer, what is the basis for your opinion? How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Moreover, Lisa wondered who those 'uneducables' were and, I admit, I'm interested in reading the answer as well. So SeattlePioneer, here's your chance to educate US. Who are these 'uneducables'? What are the criteria for identifying them? How are those criteria to be applied? ..In a way that prevents prejudice from entering the process? Some details about your ideas would be helpful. As it is, most of what you've advocated is left to our imaginations. Help us out with some specifics.

SeattlePioneer, are your children in public school? Homeschool? Private school? Just curious.

Oops, I just remembered, SeattlePioneer had used that description in another thread as well. Here's the quote:

"And the biggest problem is keeping the uneducable and those not interested in education in schools, where they corrupt the academic environment and suck up resources."

Wow, SeattlePioneer, I'm still waiting for the answers to my previous questions. Who ARE 'those people' you seem to loathe so much?