My Webelos Den is about to cross over to the Troop. The CC just asked to have all adults and cubs original apps to be brough along with them. Huh? We have never had to do that. All that we had to do is to fill out the new apps and mark transfer box ... since we already rechartered with the current Pack before crossover. Our Council usually takes care of this. Is it necessary to have the original apps? They are 5 years old and our Pack's CC are not the most organized person in the world!

Thanks.

Your original applications should be on file at the council service center. The only reason I can think of that your Committee Chairman would want them is because of the health history on the back of the pack copy.

You are correct in that you will all need to fill out new applications and check the transfer box. The health history (for the youth) should be completed again as there have probably been changes in the past five years.

Your committee chairman may be thinking of the transfer form (available at your council service center) that can be used to get the information on boys' advancements to the proper people in the troop. However, this isn't usually done with transfers between pack and troop because the only award that really carries over is the Arrow of Light.

Thanks dsteele ... but we stop filling out those health form on the back. As a matter of fact, this CC (troop CC ... not the Pack CC) got us to fill out the Class 1 for the boys as well! He is pretty knowledgable about the workings of BSA. I'm very surprised! The fact is that we have never had to do it before! Not that I am lazy and I don't want to bring ... it's just that they might not be available because our Pack CC is not up to par with filing and paperwork and the CC before that is not that good either! Thanks.

I know of no reason why the cub application is being requested for transition to webelos. A health history from 4 1/2 years ago would not be helpful and the boy Scout Application has a new history on the back for the family to complete. the transfer form has all the pertinent advancement info. So those two forms are all that is required.

I would talk to the individual at the troop and find out why this information is being requested.

Bob White