I ordinarily wouldn't have a problem with it but for a few things. First, he dyed it especially for the COH-he usually does not have fluorescent red hair. Second, relations with our chartered org are rather shaky right now--and our chartered organization's head was giving the benediction. He was not impressed. Third, we have already had a dignitary tell us to not call him for the next Eagle ceremony. My view on the thing is that this Eagle's rights end where the next Eagle's begin. I didn't want what happened--now the next Eagle will not have this dignitary give a speech or whatnot.

"Third, we have already had a dignitary tell us to not call him for the next Eagle ceremony"

Do you really think this is the right person to act as a "dignitary" (i use that term very loosely) if this person cannot see beyond a hair color (and who knows what else he cannot see beyond) I would call him and say good you do not represent what the BSA represents, thanks, bye.

"First, he dyed it especially for the COH-he usually does not have fluorescent red hair."

SO? Most teenagers try to stand out, and make a statement, he is an eagle! Did he feel he could not do this until he got his eagle or he would be held back (if this is true, bad troop or council)

"Second, relations with our chartered org are rather shaky right now--and our chartered organization's head was giving the benediction. He was not impressed"

I have to ask what is your CO, church, school, or what?

HEY, what's wrong with a polyester leisure suit? And my big multicolored bow tie? Oh yea, and my black patent leather high heeled "disco" shoes? They were both groovy, and far out!

Let this kid look back in shame someday for his hair - just like we all look back! His kids will have a ball over it!