Does anyone else that is at a district level--------

fell that they are more appreciated?. I enjoy being a UC, on Round Table Staff and being on the district training staff so much more than at the troop/pack level.The district people give me a feeling that I am a good person. When I attend the parent meetings at my units, I feel that I am the worst person in the unit. The SM, and ASM are IMHO the worst people, they do not understand the boys different personalities, and they treat most of the adults like they are brainless and could not come up with a good idea if it slapped them in the face.SM and ASM(his wife)think that they are the only ones that can do anything right. I am not the only one in my unit that feels this way.

It is good that you enjoy your involvement at the district level. I am sure you are making a strong contribution there. It sounds like your troop is in a certain amount of trouble. There have been disagreements among adults from time to time in every unit I have been involved with, but they are generally resolved on the basis of mutual respect and courtesy. Your troop sounds like an exception to me.

Well, potlatch, IMHO, the positions now known as "direct contact" leaders is the point at which the program gets delivered to the boys. Den Leaders, Scoutmasters, etc. All the rest are just support staff. To paraphrase a current popular commercial: "We don't lead the Scouts...we help the leaders lead better."

are you the unit comissioner for your troop or is someone else?

if you're the unit comiss for your troop I'd make it your job to get good information to the scoutmaster. this includes policies, training dates, program ideas and the like. otherwise I'd find your uc and see that he's informed about the troop.

don't push it but make sure he's up to date. sometimes being informed as to ways to "expand your skills" helps a lot. its likely time for the scoutmaster to get to places where he can be with other leaders more and learn the program.

the best troops I've seen are the ones with a million leaders asked to help because they have good ideas with a specific subject. getting a leader to assist with one campout because he has a good idea how to fulfill the scouts wishes to go canoeing in a unique way is the job of a scoutmaster. I help where I can and always give my opinion. we have a new scoutmaster and he always takes the ideas of others.