Brat Camp (new TV show)

Please don't take this as an advertisement and no, I haven't really a clue as to what the show is really about but ...

I've seen lots of promos for the new ABC TV show Brat Camp. It seems on the surface to be an intense Scouting program, condensed into 60 days, for wayward teens. Comments?

Sounds like one of several of this 'outward bound-type' 'boot camps' where they take these 'at risk' teens in the wilderness to straighten them out.

AFAIK, there is nothing 'scouting' about these programs. But I don't claim to be an expert. Several of the evening 'news shows' (20/20, 60 Minutes, etc) have done segments on them.

These programs have nothing to do with scouting other than they are camping out.

I have a dear friend that saved her son through one of these programs. He was into drugs physically abusive to her. Ended up in jail at 14.

She sent him on one of these and he came back a changed person. That was 8 years ago. He just graduated from college in the upper 10% of his class and he hasn't been in trouble since he came back.

I am aware that not all of these programs are the same and they don't work on all kids. But the one she uses has a 97% success rate.