Yesterday was Scout Sunday in our parish (Catholic). They made a big deal of it this year - asked all Scouts who regularly attend Mass to come to the 9AM service, in uniform, including leaders. We all processed in (had about 20 Scouts, 7 or so leaders) and sat together. The priest did a special blessing for the leaders, and one of the Webelos received his Parvuli Dei (sp?) award. It was very nice, and went off quite smoothly. Nice to have Scouting appreciated!

Thanks Doug!

that answer makes sense to me - as ever since we started with this troop, they have had "Scout Sunday" a week after everyone else does.

I didn't even think about communion, as our Lutheran Church has communion every week - and I don't attend the Methodist Church often enough to know. But you're right, the service was longer, because the boys really participated, and there was a ceremony dedicating & blessing our new flags, and presenting a Methodist Scouter award to our Charter org rep. Good thing they DIDN'T have communion, too - or I might still BE THERE! LOL!

LauraT7

It seems we didn't have communion on the 2nd, but it was United Methodist Women's Sunday. I don't know if all UM churches celebrate that on the same week. They (UMW) did almost the whole service. We will probably never get that much leeway.

Doug