2010 Philmont course schedule..

Thanks for the info link. I've been trying to get the dates and courses for about a month now. Unfortunately the class I want is only offered during my district's cub day camp of which I'm an assistant director. So now I have some decisions to make, day camp or Philmont Webelos to First Class course. I suppose I can do a different course.

Anybody got info on Webelos to First Class or Helping packs, districts and councils suceed using the cub scout outdoor program? Info may help make my decision easier.

Thanks A Confused Trainerlady

TwoCub,

I just attended the Course Director's Development Conference a couple of weeks ago and there was no mention of this. I have no idea what the "refresher" course consists of, but I would seriously doubt that it would qualify old syllabus WB attendees to be considered as 21st Century WB. They have been pretty adament in their requirement that anyone wanting to staff a course needs to go thru 21st Century WB.

• 4 weeks later...

From the Philmont course schedule page:

Wood Badge Refresher This course is designed to introduce the skills of Wood Badge for the 21st Century to those who have completed previous Wood Badge editions. You will learn the basic models and terms used in Wood Badge for the 21st Century and understand the alignment of these skills with our youth leadership training. Open to all who have completed a past Wood Badge course. July 11-17

• 3 weeks later...

"Wonder if you would even be considered for wood badge staff if you took the wood badge refresher course."

** How/Why? A "refresher" certainly wouldn't make one qualified ... according to the staff guide. However, it may prompt a good look by the region if the council is seeking a waiver of the requirements for an outstanding presenter. Worth a try and a question. Automatic? No.

BDPT00