update for updated online NLE?

Any National BSA folks out there who can give us a REALISTIC estimate of when the new Cub New Leader Essentials will be coming online? Is it indeed going to be called "This is Scouting?". Our council will soon be making the fall NLE & CSLS schedule, and I'd rather not waste my time trying to fit in a NLE session, including reserving a training location, that won't be needed.

Thanks,

Annie

I really think you need to ask the people in your Council.

If the new course isn't ready?

What are your options?

Present the old course?

Don't present anything?

Postpone the Training?

Where would I go for the "What to do answer"?

I'd call the Council Training Chairman. (Some of them are really nice guys!!)

Ea.

From the BSA National Web site -

The new online training course This is Scouting will soon replace New Leader Essentials. However, the development time has taken longer than anticipated and it will not be on the Online Learning Center until the middle of March.

Our District Chair doesn't seem to know, nor does the training chairwoman.

OK, so it was definitely last fall, then definitely January-February, now it's March. Does anyone at National really know? It's likely that our council is going to need to schedule NLE's before March, in order to get the facilities reserved.

My Council's training calendar for the year is set before August. We are already taking registations for NLE in February and March, and I can't see canceling the last few Spring trainings on the off chance there will be an online training offered.

Hopfully, BSA will have the kinks out, and the training online, before we have to do our 2009-2010 training schedule!