I have been looking at some of the advanced training being offered next year.

Here are the courses I have been looking at:

Sea Badge (NE Region)

Powerhorn (there is one close by this summer)

Sea Scout Advanced Leader Training (SALT) at the Philmont Training Center.

Delivering the Venturing Program at Seabase

I have lots of information on Sea Badge and Power Horn but this is the first I have heard of SALT or Delivering the Venturing Program and cant seem to find much information on the internet about these.

Has anyone taken any of these and has any comments?

Any suggestions on which one to take or ideas on selecting which one.

"this is the first I have heard of SALT or Delivering the Venturing Program and cant seem to find much information on the internet about these."

Really? Then you are looking in the wrong place.

Here is the brochure on the Venturing courses at PTC: http://www.scouting.org/venturing/training/courses.pdf

If you are a Sea Scout leader, I would recommend Sea Badge or SALT before the others. Never having gone to SALT, I can't compare it to Sea Badge. You'll have to ask leaders who have been to both to recommend on or the other. Plus SALT has 2 Tracks.

Delivering the Venturing program is a 'catch all' training event, that contains stuff from several of the weeklong Venturing courses. I did the first one they offered at the Sea Base. As noted in the brochure, it covers everything: advancement, program, training, council/district support, etc. But you only spend one day or so on a topic, as opposed to a whole week.