Just got back from my 2nd Wood Badge Weekend

Even better than the 1st. What a great Course Director and Staff. We had a great patrol too. I'm not one to give out too many compliments, but I have to tell ya, I was so impressed with the patrol project from every single patrol. Our troop guide was awesome.

Weather was great. Not a drop of rain. 40's at night and 60's - 70's during the day.

Gee, I don't remember either of you guys in the patrol I was Troop Guide for, but thanks for the compliments!!! ;)

I'm glad you had great WB participant experiences. It was great from the staff side as well. Our Course Director just sent out e-mail to the staff with evaluation info and it sounds like we pleased the participants this go round.

GNX,

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a Rookie Wood Badger. I too finished my 2nd weekend last night.

Great experience and fun. I was the only Venturing Leader in my class so I got a lot of questions from my troop mates, I learned a lot about Cub Scouting, but the most fun was letting the staff know that there was no such things as Venture Crews, they're called Venturing Crews.

I didn't hit the "mountian top" experience feeling, but something did move my soul. It was the last 3 hours of WB.

If ya ain't a Bob White then you ain't the best critter!

Cary P

Crew 805 Advisor

WB C-39-06

Maybe I should spin this off as a separate question, but how do other Courses do the final segment?...you know..the "It's in every one of us" thing? Do you do the song twice? Just curious.. In our courses, we have a staffer who pretty much spends both weekends taking candid pictures of both the staff and the participants. Then, they'll run the first time through the song with the stock BSA pictures and the CD will give his final farewell and they'll start it again only this time it's a surprise slide show of the participants. It's fun to watch them when they first realize it's pictures of THEM this time and it never ends without lots of laughter and tears...and a standing ovation...do other courses do something similar??

sue m.

SueM,

We ran the song both times WITH pictures of the participants rather than the stock BSA pictures. Staff watched it thru the first time and then quietly slipped out of the dining hall where it was playing and went to Gilwell. The SPL and I believe the CD led the participants down to Gilwell with the staff all in place waiting for them.

• 3 weeks later...

SR540 Beaver wrote "We ran the song both times WITH pictures of the participants rather than the stock BSA pictures. Staff watched it thru the first time and then quietly slipped out of the dining hall where it was playing and went to Gilwell. The SPL and I believe the CD led the participants down to Gilwell with the staff all in place waiting for them."

Now that's cool...I'm going to let my CD know of this. How emotional and strong is that.

Matt