The Twin Rivers Council 2006 Pow Wow was yesterday and what a great day.

Four years ago I went without a uniform as a Tiger Parent that wanted to be a Den Leader. This year I gave a double session class where each participant made a cystal Radio and a single session class on soda bottle water rockets. My first year I was inspired by all the older folks, whose sons' were well beyond scouting age passing it all on to the next two generations of Scouters.

This year there was a record amount of attendees, last # I heard was 286- add instructors that gets you 300 easy. This year I saw many next faces and most were Cub leaders, many Tiger Den Leaders with the patch to prove it.

Kudos to all who attended, because they decided learning to be a better Scout leader was more important than that other thing that always comes up. Kudos to organizers and staff for all their hard work.

Ladies and gentlemen do all you can to make your Pow Wow great!

Does anybody have any great ideas besides the run of the mill classes that we could incorporate next year?

I always looked forward to PowWow in our Council and went three times while a Cub Leader and worked twice on staff. I always learned something new as a trainee and as an instructor. The best part was talking with all the other leaders and finding out about their Packs and how they do things.

On staff I was part of the ceremonies sessions. We did flaming neckerchief demonstrations and decorated arrows to be given as Arrow of Light awards.

Maybe next year you can sign up to be a trainer? Keep up the good work learning to be the best leader you can be for your boys. And, most importantly, have fun.