Reading through this thread is perhaps one reason why I haven't ever added the trained strip to my uniform. With the potential for moving through several positions over the years (but not enough to completely wear out the uniform), it would be "on again, then off again," and probably do more to damage the uniform than it's worth.

Of course, someone is probably going to tell me that I absolutely need to wear the trained strip once I am trained....

What you should really do is buy another scout shirt and all the insignia that goes with it. For that matter, buy two new shirts and insignia to plan ahead for another position change! Buy a third so you can help with Roundtable and wear your district insignia! You will need a fourth, just incase you are asked to serve on Wood Badge Staff as well.

Just keep buying shirts and insignia! You can never have too many, and besides, BSA needs all the contributions it can get!

Eagle Pete

I'm with you, StormingBuffalo, I have never sewed my trained patch on my shirt. I attended my first trainin when my son was a Bear (his first year as a Scout). Then was trained as a CM, them Webelo leader. When I went to finish the Webelos training, I was told that in order to take the outdoor training I had to also take the SM/Asm training. I don't figure that I will ever be a SM or ASM, but it did make me familiar with the program my oldest son is now in.

Back to the original question. If it was me and I already had the trained patch on and I knew I was going to finish the training soon, I would probably just leave it on. Either that or take it off with my Webelos leader patch and put it on my patch blanket.