Back to Gilwell with only 12 months to spare....

It's done. This weekend I finished my last ticket item. Two of us from the same patrol (Owls) coincidentally finished on the same day and were the first in our WB class to finish.

If you are reading this and you have not attended WB, let me be either the first person, or yet another person to tell you that it is invaluable training. The material you will learn is on par with any Fortune 500 company at a fraction of the cost. The material will help you to become not just a better Scout leader, but a better person.

My wife, who is slowly joining my son and me on the Scouting train, has done the basic training, but has seen the benefits of WB through me and is considering going herself this year. (And maybe Powderhorn together in 2007).

I used to be an Owl...

( Maybe, we should just have a sub-forum in the WB forum just for announcments like this)

BSA Chaplain,

Wow! Congratulations!! That is really great that you have completed your ticket already! I -could- have done that..(Some of the staff had bets that I would do it!) but I didn't push myself, so I settled for my Beaver Patrol being the first full patrol to finish instead! When is your beading ceremony???

Sue M.

I used to be a Beaver

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Mine cannot be done before this summer, since two of my ticket items involve serving as a volunteer commissioner at Scout Camps in our Council. That said, it will be done!

Hoot Hoot!!!

John

A Good Old Owl Too