I got my beads at last week's Round Table -- and as proud as I was to receive my neckerchief, woggle & certificate in front of friends & family, I was surprised to find there was no WB Course card.

Every other Boy Scout training course ends with trainees receiving a course card -- isn't there one for WBers, too?

Hi Fred,

At the end of the six day experience, the good looking Course Director of NE-IV-153,presented each participant a small card (Bought from National, with the fall leaves and beads on)This card certified that the six days had been completed.

When the ticket is completed, along with the Wood Badge regalia there is a certificate.

You can buy a wallet sized laminated card from National. I have never seen the real thing. The cost was and maybe is $10.00, which I thought was a lot for a card. Our hard working Scribes included an order form in the packet that everyone took home on the last day of the practical part of the course.

The certificate used before the 21st Century course came out, was to my mind a lot nicer. At the bottom of the certificate is found from the writings of Rudyard Kipling, "Who hath smelt wood-smoke at twilight? Who hath heard the birch-log burning? Who is quick to read the noises of the night? Let him follow with the others, for the young men's feet are turning to the camps of proved desire and known delight."

I thought it was nice, but maybe not 21st Century enough?

Eamonn.

Card? Certificate? Woggle? Scarf? Beads?

I think we ought to have a parade too!

Kidding...

What I came away with from the whole experience can't really be described, nor could any symbol accurately portray the experience, although I cherish my scarf, woggle, and beads dearly. All my other awards and recognitions pale in comparison.

I understand the need for recognition, however, I think the point is what did I learn from Wood Badge, not necessarily what was handed to me.

Just an eagle's opinion

Pete(This message has been edited by eagle-pete)

One thing I did not receive was a WB "regalia" instruction booklet. I've seen mini-controversies about the "beads" (no twist or one twist), woggle (can I wear the McClaren (sp?) Tartan with a standard slide?), when to wear, when not to wear, etc.

Does anyone know of any reference material for this?