Leader training and this forum

Many moons ago ( it seems like forever) I first came to this forum in a panic. I was to become CM of my pack this year and I had no training. Through the assistance and encouragement of those here I have learned alot, most of which I couldn't learn in training. I would like to say "thank-ya Big Big" ( for King fans everywhere) to all of you who have helped me during this learning process. My pack still has many problems and our current CM is staying till the end of the school year but on a better note I am proud to say that I am now a graduate of the University of Scouting, certified in CPR and First Aid, trained in Youth Protection, trained in Fast Start, trained in New Leader Essentials, and will be as of Thursday the 3rd of Feb. a graduate of Leader specific CM training. I am already enrolled for BALOO for 2-26 and will soon have the coveted Trained patch on my sleeve. I have taken outdoor cooking classes and am signed up to become a certified BBs and Archery instructor. [ Now if only I could find a person to pay woodbadge training fees ;) ]

You have all helped me to find my way and I thank you. I am also humbled by the amout of experience that this forum contains.

Looking forward to many more topics.

Kristi

Great Job -Well Done.

Have you checked with your Council to see if they have any money for funding training?

We are in our council starting a Wood Badge Fund. It is going to take a long time to get off the ground. In the past we took $1,000 from our District Golf outing and paid for a James E. West for a person in the District. We hope to use this money and money collected from a Wood Badge supper to help start a fund that would help those who need help attend Wood Badge.

The course we had a couple of years back had a few people who lost their $50.00 deposit, so we used these lost deposits to offer the course at a reduced rate to people who were having a hard time.

Eamonn

Congrats Kristi!

I, too find these forums a great resource. Any time you can bounce things off a colective bunch of Scouters and come out informed, refreshed and even more enthused about Scouting, it's an awesome thing.