the Wood Badge site (www.woodbadge.org) has a directory of upcoming courses (if people submit it, and the maintainer uploads the info...). This would be the place to go to find a week-long course.

I have heard of kosher courses in some regions. There have been other group courses, like certain ethnic groups. I believe my council had a group of Vietnemese scouters who came and ran their own WB course at our council camp. All the food was ethnic, no english, etc. I heard from some local scouters who helped out that some of the participants were tired of all the ethnic food and wanted some hamburgers or hot dogs. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey... A good ole Eagle here!

Respectful of time, family, economics, etc., week-long WB is THE only way to go. Echoing the comments from these helpful posts, nothing better cements a patrol, and the WB experience, but living and working together for a week.

When I took WB in 1976, weekend courses were just beginning. But I think they are great for reaching out to those with impediments in reserving so much personal time. I believe a good schedule of week and week-end courses should always remain in the program to balance alternatives to those dedicated folks who want to have a choice.

Go SE-78-8 !!!