I have just awakened from a nap after returning from the second weekend of Wood Badge. It will probably take a few days to get my body back in sync with the real world.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank those of you who have taken the time to attend Wood Badge this season for a number of things.

First, on behalf of the those you serve. Thank you for taking the time and committing yourself and your personal resources to improve yourself as a leader and the program you help deliver.

Next, thank you on behalf of those who staff Wood Badge, for allowing us the opportunity to share our joy of scouting with you.

I cannot tell you how great it makes us feel about what we try to contribute to the program, when we see the fun and excitement grow and spread among the participants as the days of Wood Badge go by.

Thank you to all the patrols of the troop for you attention and active participation in the presentations and activities. We hope that we have enhanced your tool box with information that will serve you well in any leadership situation.

A personal thank you to the Beaver Patrol, for the comraderie you showed me as Troop Guide. You are a tremendous team of scouters and I wish you the best as you work your ticket and continue to leave your legacy in the communities your serve, and in the scouting community as a whole. I don't think I have ever had as much fun with any group of adults as I have had with the 6 of you these past weekends.

I know that some of you visit this board and I just wanted to say publicly how impressed I am

by each of you, and I look forward to scouting with you in the years to come.

Thank you again, see you soon,

Your Friend,

Bob White

"Gnaw wood or die"

Now go work that ticket!!!

It is heart warming to know that you had such a wonderful time at Wood Badge.

If there is such a thing as a Wood Badge "High", It is something that is shared by both those who staff and those who participate.

For my sins in 2002 I was the Troop Guide for a Beaver patrol. It goes without saying in my eyes they were the best patrol ever!! I also think that the best job/position to have on the course is the Troop Guide position.

You have Thanked everyone else, I would like to thank you and all of those who have Staffed a course. Not just for the time that the Staff members put in, the countless hours not just preparing the presentations, but all the time spent coming to an understanding of what each session really means and what you want to make sure that the participants really get out of the session.

Near the end of the Cub Scout Wood Badge course that I attended a few years back. We met with the Cubmaster, she informed us that soon we would be going back to the real world and that Gilwell was a happy land that we would more then lightly never return to. I like to think that she was wrong. Maybe some never make it back to Gilwell, but all of those who attend Wood Badge do in their own way bring the "Happy Land" to others.

After NE-IV-153, was over and I was sending the reports to the region, I thought just for the heck of it that I would try and see how many hours it would take for all the participants to get their Tickets done. I sat down and read each and every ticket. Of course this was a calculation that couldn't be done. I did end up feeling really good about myself. The idea that I in some way had helped these participants set goals that would do so much good for the youth members was and is a great feeling.

Sad to say my time as a Wood Badge staff member is done. A ruling that I don't totally agree with, but can understand. I still do working with others have some input as to who will be selected as future staff members and that does bring me a lot of joy. I am still asked to be a Ticket Counselor, I do enjoy working one on one doing my best to help and support someone work on their goals and help them see how their Vision and there mission does have an impact on the people that they serve.

I am glad that you had time for a nap. But nap time is over, it's time to move on to the next project!!

Great Job Bob, and Well Done.

Eamonn

Bob White & Eamonn,

It does take special people to not only attend the Woodbadge, but serve as instructors. I'm glad you both had great experiences teaching in your courses. My patrol agreed we had a unique scouting experience, a different course than the other students had. They had Woodbadge and we had Woodbadge Plus. This based on our own eyes and ears, but also in conversation with the others.

Can you imagine what's going on in the mind of the poor soul who has Bob White, who forgot more about Scouting than Baden-Powell ever knew, as his ticket counselor? That poor guy must be ashen white, with shivers, and the cold sweats, gently rocking back and forth in a corner somewhere. He probably has thoughts of General Pickett, Amelia Earhart, Gallipoli, and Shackleford.

Now, that'll be a ticket done correctly!!!

P

BW,

HEY! You stole our patrol yell! Chew or die! Our other one was, "gee Wally". I'm sure they've been used by many a WB Beaver patrols, but we thought them up and considered them original to us. Where is a copyright lawyer when you need one? ;)

I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank those of you who have taken the time to attend Wood Badge this season for a number of things.

BW,

You're very welcome! Actually, I think it is I that should be thanking all the Wood Badge Staff. I was thouroughly impressed with the enthusiasm, preparedness, and goodwill presented by the Wood Badge staff at the course I attended this past August. They made it a truly wonderful and beneficial experience. It was obvious that the staff had spent a huge amount of time and effort preparing for the course and ensuring that it would be more than worthwhile for the participants. I can't say enough, so before I get way too sappy let me offer the following:

To BW, and all of you who have served on Wood Badge staff, thank you for your efforts and dedication. It truly is appreciated.

SWScouter

I just finished serving as Senior Patrol Leader this last weekend and so much enjoyed the high energy level of the participants. Both weekends had great weather and the staff and patrols mixed as one solid unit. At the final assemby when I led all the patrols out of Gilwell field for the last time, it was such a emotional moment for me. I think I will remember it for the rest of my life. What a great program and what an honor to serve as a staff member. To all of

I just finished serving as Senior Patrol Leader this last weekend and so much enjoyed the high energy level of the participants. Both weekends had great weather and the staff and patrols mixed as one solid unit. At the final assemby when I led all the patrols out of Gilwell field for the last time, it was such a emotional moment for me. I think I will remember it for the rest of my life. What a great program and what an honor to serve as a staff member. To all of