I just recently was named the Backup Course Director for nexts years Wood Badge Course in my Council. The Course Director and myself just completed the Course Directors Conference and are putting the staff together. I just found out tonight that I was picked to be the Scoutmaster for the Jamboree Troop in 2005. I am looking forward to the next two years.

Dancin

Dancin'

Would it surprise you to learn that I predicted such great Scouting things would come to you and become your responsibility when I first met you some 10 years ago? They did occur to me and I'm pleased as punch to see them coming to you in this day and age. Youll do well. Your sincerity and belief in the program will carry you far.

I almost hesitate to say it, DH, but it's time for you -- now that you are obviously part of the generation in charge -- to bring others under your wing and teach them.

My advice to you -- I'd private message it, but the lessons should carry to others on the boards -- bring Ruben on board and others like him, even younger if you can find them. Give them a piece of the responsibility in these events and more in the next series.

when discussing prospective folk to replace you eventually, do not listen to old timers who say, "He's not ready." It's your job to help make them ready one piece at a time.

Hopefully, I'll see you at the Jamboree, my friend. Until then, you know where to find me.

Dave

Yes Sir Congrats are in order.

Well Done.

Having just dome my stint as course director. I am aware of the work that you have ahead of you. Still it is very worthwhile.

I too will be "On The Hill" in 2005.

We really ought to see if there is any way that we can all pick a time and place at the Jambo and share a cup of coffee or something?

It would be fun to put faces to all these "Names"

Eamonn

Thanks everyone,

I am looking forward to next year and the Jamboree. I hope we can pick a place and meet and talk for a while. Dave, thanks for the words, they do mean a lot to me. John R (who is the course director) and myself have got 95% of the staff we picked on board and are hoping to have a full course of 56 for our course in August and September. Dave, as you know, John likes to share leadership, and I have been involved in decision making since being picked to be the BCD. The Jambo position is new, but I feel I can handle it. Will keep everyone posted.

YIS

David Harrison

Dancin Fox