What percentage of kids are scouts in your district?

Had lunch today with the district executive and the district chairman. It came out that the council's goal is to have 15% of kids who are eligible to be in traditional cub scouting. Right now the number is about 5.2% in our district, which has been improving every year.

I think in the neighborhood that I'm in we have about 6.7% in our pack and I bet with the popularity of our join nights we'll push close to the 10%.

So...I know not everyone is into numbers, but where are you and what sort of percentage does your area have?

Those % seem mighty high compared to ours.

I send home about 2000 flyers each fall,

that goes to all the boys in 1st -5th grade in about 10 or 11 schools.

I say about cause the numbers do vary we have a couple schools who sometimes won't let us send hom flyers.

I get on average 3 scouts for each of the 10 schools, one year I got 4 from each.

so to estimate, that's about 1.5% to 2%

this is just cub scouts though.

now I guess I have no way of knowing how many are in the LDS scouting in the area, but most of the wards average 5-10 scouts in their cub scout packs, so they aren't taking away very many scouts, since only 1 or 2 wards service the area of those 10 schools I recruit from (with some overlap since school districts don't follow ward boundaries).